Job Title: Dominion East Ohio – Technical Specialist II
Job Number: 15355
Location: Akron, Ohio
Dominion is one of the nation’s largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,200 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,300 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates the nation’s largest natural gas storage system with 947 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in 15 states.
The Technical Specialist II:
1) Supports SCADA Operations and Development for troubleshooting, enhancing, and maintaining Gas Control integrity.
2) Performs hands-on work with automation field equipment.
3) Assesses and maintains instruments and controls to facilitate operation of measurement systems, compressor stations, pipeline, electric driven compressors and facilities.
4) Inspects, tests and assesses requirements to repair and maintain facilities and equipment.
5) Coordinates and assists in the installation of wiring, tubing and piping to instruments and controls.
6) Trains and advises personnel regarding maintenance and installation procedures related to automation equipment.
7) Interprets instrumentation and control device installation specifications.
8) Assists in the design, programming and operation of instrument and control systems.
9) Maintains interactive work relationships to accurately and effectively complete job responsibilities.
10) Directs and supports personnel to complete installations, modifications and troubleshooting to effectively maintain and enhance the Automation & Control systems at the facilities.
The standard work schedule consists of five 8 hour days, however in this exempt-level position you must have the availability and flexibility to work extra hours and to take 24/7 calls which will be shared on a rotating basis and take call outs as required. This position will not provide paid relocation assistance.
***Be sure that your resume and/or cover letter specify how you meet the requirements for this position and the number of year experience you have for each requirement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Required (Be sure that your resume and/or cover letter specify how you meet these requirements and the number of year experience you have in each): This position requires at least 3-5 years of professional hands-on experience in Instrumentation & Controls in a Design and/or Maintenance role. (If you meet this requirement, be sure that your resume supports this.) A valid driver’s license is required.
Required: Minimum of High School diploma or GED; Preferred: Associate or Bachelor degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Manufacturing, or Industrial.
For a more detailed job description and to apply, please visit www.dom.com/careers and reference Job number 15355.
Dominion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.