Operations Manager – Orwell Natural Gas Co. (Mentor, OH)
Reports to: General Manager
Responsible for managing and directing all aspects of construction, operation and maintenance of the Transmission and Distribution natural gas pipeline systems within applicable federal, state, and local regulations, and company policies. Manages the field work force and subcontractors to construct, operate, and maintain Orwell’s natural gas pipeline system.
This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient use of all resources – people, equipment, and materials necessary to accomplish the mission of Orwell Natural Gas Co.’s field organization.
- Motivates the field organization to meet or exceed annual financial and operations performance measures. Actively supports marketing goals and new customer growth.
- Directs construction planning performed by subordinate personnel for routine main, service, and M.S.A. (Meter Set Assembly) installations, replacements and relinquishments.
- Responsible for preparing a realistic and accurate annual budget for Orwell Natural Gas Co.’s field organization including labor, materials and contracted services and equipment.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and retaining a motivated and skilled field work force adequate to accomplish Orwell Natural Gas Co.’s mission, goals and responsibilities. And for field employees knowing, understanding, and supporting internal and public policies and practices.
- Manages the prompt response to damage or failures related to pipeline system including response to interruption of gas service during emergencies.
- Assigned to off-hours on-call responsibility. The Operations Manager is expected to reside in a location reasonably central to the reaches of Orwell Natural Gas Co.’s operating territory.
- Responsible for quality and integrity of Orwell Natural Gas Co.’s pipeline system and construction, operation and maintenance tasks performed on those facilities.
- Maintains awareness of all aspects of pipeline system performance including pressures, capacities, damages, failures and component performance trends. Directs replacements, upgrades or other special measures necessary to ensure a high level of system integrity, safety and performance.
- Directs the detailed planning of complex projects related to pipeline system design, cathodic protection and franchise requirements.
- Ensures that field organization fully partners with other departments, disciplines and responsibilities within Orwell Natural Gas Co.’s in a spirit of cooperation and mutual support.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of natural gas pipeline operation, regulatory requirement, cost and work force planning, human resource management, and community relation.
- Thorough knowledge of natural gas pipeline construction methods and procedures, emergency response coordination, materials management and system protection principals.
- A competitive mindset plus an understanding of the issues and challenges in the energy industry is necessary to maintain or increase the competitive advantage of Orwell Natural Gas Co.’s products and services in the field.
- Written and oral communication skills are extremely important, as this position must communicate with leaders within and outside of Orwell Natural Gas Co. Must be able to produce letters, reports and memos that are clear and concise.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or engineering is required unless work experience and accomplishments demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical examination.
SAFETY SENSITIVE JOB
This is considered a safety-sensitive job and, as such is subject to random drug testing as required by the U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.).
Email résumés’ to firstname.lastname@example.org